I like slaw, but don’t like mayo. This is a happy medium that makes me happy :D. This recipe is from Carla Perez-Gallardo And Hannah Black from Lil' Deb's Oasis in Hudson, NY.
- 1 bunch scallions (about 6), trimmed
- 1 habanero chile, seeds removed
- 4 garlic cloves
- Zest of 2 limes
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 small head of Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 large watermelon radishes or one 6" piece daikon (Japanese radish), peeled, cut into ⅛"-thick matchsticks
- Thinly sliced mint and thinly sliced red onion (for serving)
Heat a dry medium cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Cook scallions, turning once or twice, until lightly charred in spots, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a blender and add chile, garlic, lime zest and juice, and oil. Blend until smooth; season dressing with salt.
Toss cabbage, radishes, and half of dressing in a large bowl. Taste and season with salt and add more dressing if needed. Top with mint and onion just before serving.