If you've been reading my little notes on these recipes you know that I love stone fruits and while I'm not the biggest fan of combining too many sweet things, this salad slaps. The toasted coriander and cumin in the vinaigrette elevate this salad to a whole other level.
Also, fun fact, this recipe was developed by IBM's Watson!
- 4 ears corn, husked
- 1 tablespoon plus ¼ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Several dashes of hot sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 nectarines or peaches, sliced into ½"-thick wedges
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 4 ounces queso panela or Cotija cheese, crumbled (about ½ cup)
Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Brush corn with a total of 1 Tbsp. oil; season with salt and sprinkle with chili powder. Grill, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly charred in spots, 6–8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool, then cut kernels from cobs.
Meanwhile, toast coriander and cumin seeds in a dry small skillet over medium heat, tossing, until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Let cool, then chop with a knife or coarsely grind in a spice mill. Whisk with lemon juice, rosemary, hot sauce, and remaining ¼ cup oil in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add corn kernels, nectarines, shallot, basil and cheese and toss to combine.