So, I know that I’m posting two cantaloupe salads, but I love panzanella. So, I’m always looking for reasons to try a new panzanella recipe. Like, it’s salad + bread! What’s not to love!?
- 2 thick slices large white country-style bread, cut into 1" pieces (about 5 cups)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup jarred Peppadew peppers, torn into quarters, plus 1 Tbsp. brine
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tsp. finely chopped oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ small juicy ripe cantaloupe (about 1½ lb.), rind and seeds removed, flesh cut into irregular bite-size pieces (about 4 cups)
- Flaky sea salt
Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange bread in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden and lightly crisped, about 9 minutes; let cool.
Whisk oil, vinegar, brine, garlic, and oregano in a large bowl; season with kosher salt and pepper. Add Peppadews, cantaloupe, and toasted bread and toss to combine. Let sit, tossing occasionally, at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour.
Arrange salad on a platter and sprinkle with sea salt.