My roommate thinks it's weird that I make pickles specifically to snack on... is it weird? I don't think so! ~I mean maybe it's a little strange~ but anyway... I've been making these on the regular since I first had them. I generally will make them in the morning while my coffee is brewing so their perfect around 2:00 when I'm bored in the day and need a little pick me up.
- 2 lb. medium Persian cucumbers (about 12), cut lengthwise into spears
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar or unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ¾ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more
- 2 Tbsp. chopped dill
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Toss cucumbers in a large bowl with vinegar, sugar, red pepper flakes, and 2 tsp. salt. Chill, tossing once, at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours.
Just before serving, add dill and lemon juice and toss to combine. Taste and season with more salt if needed.