Blue Cheese, 6 oz
from Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Co
Produced on Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese family farm since 2000, California’s classic style blue cheese is rindless, all-natural and gluten-free. The addictive flavor is bold with hints of sweet milk and a peppery finish.
- Made from raw (non-pasteurized), rBST-free cows’ milk
- Made with microbial (vegetarian) rennet
- Aged 3.5 months
- Gluten Free
- Milky white in color with blue-green veins throughout
- Ultra-creamy texture with medium-strong blue mold flavor
- Sweet, fresh milk with a medium-to-strong punch of blue flavor
Original Blue is great as a stand-alone table cheese, for topping salads, melting onto burgers and steak, mixing into pasta or risotto, incorporating into scrambled eggs and mashed potatoes, and so much more.
Pair with red wine like Cabernet and Zinfandel, where the fruit forward berry flavors and a hint of spicy chocolate play nicely with the peppery finish of the cheese. Pair with malt-centric beers such as Lagunitas Brewing Company's Hairy Eyeball and Imperial Stout. Last but certainly not least, Original Blue and vintage port are outstanding together!
- 2019 CA State Fair, Gold Award
- 2019 US Championship Cheese Awards, 1st Place
- 2019 Good Food Awards, Best Cheese
- 2017 World Cheese Awards Silver Award
- 2017 CA State Fair, Gold Award
- 2017 Good Food Awards, Best Cheese
- 2016 World Championship Cheese Awards, 2nd Place
- 2015 Specialty Food Association sofi™ Award Finalist, Classic Specialty
- 2011 Specialty Food Association sofi™ Award, Oustanding Cheese or Dairy
- 2010 California State Fair Cheese Competition, Best in Show